Assistant or Associate Professor
Tufts School of Dental Medicine: Department of Comprehensive Care
Tufts University School of Dental Medicine (TUSDM) seeks candidates for a full-time faculty position at the rank of Assistant/Associate Professor in the Department of Comprehensive Care.
Since its founding in 1868, TUSDM has been committed to providing: excellence in patient- centered care; an evolving dental education that integrates science, emerging technologies, and patient needs; interdisciplinary and dynamic research; and civic engagement in service to our local, regional, national, and global communities. We believe in a diverse, culturally sensitive, and supportive environment.
This is a unique opportunity in dental education to teach dental students preventive dentistry. TUSDM is a large school with approximately 235 students in each class.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Directs all aspects of the Caries Risk Management (CAMBRA) Program: workshops and clinical Caries Risk Management (CAMBRA) Competency Exams, including tracking student’s progress.
- Supervise all telehealth activities pertaining to Caries Risk Management (CAMBRA) of 3rd and 4th year dental students in the DMD and IS undergrad programs
- Assist students with preventive treatment planning, and case management of at-risk patients.
- Oversee the Recall Program of the Comprehensive Care Clinics
- Teach Caries Risk Management (CAMBRA) across the 4 years of the dental curriculum
- Conduct on-line small group workshops for second year students
- Participate in BASISSsic (vertical integration project) and in school related events (graduation, town hall, retreats, etc.)
- Participate in faculty development programs, serve on committees, and accept other assignments at the request of the Department Chair and/or the Dean.
- Massachusetts license or eligible for licensure: RDH, DMD, DDS or equivalent.
- A Master’s Degree in related field or equivalent
- Three-five years teaching experience in higher dental education (4-year dental hygiene or dental school degree program)
- Strong qualifications to support the teaching of evidence-based preventive dentistry and substantial knowledge of Caries Risk Management (CAMBRA) and its philosophy
- Experience in a preventive oriented practice.
- Demonstration of excellent communication skills
- Proficiency in computer skills (ZOOM and telehealth) and willing to learn new educational software platforms used school wide.
Interested applicants should submit a) a current curriculum vitae, b) a cover letter with a statement of academic goals and description of interest in and goals for the position, and c) contact information (incl. e-mail addresses) for three references. Applications must be submitted electronically at.http://apply.interfolio.com/116790
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until a candidate has been selected.
Questions regarding the search process or assistance with uploading applications may be directed to Thomas E Bernhard (Thomas.Bernhard@tufts.edu).
Tufts University is an AA/EO employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds.
Visit our website for more information about the Tufts University School of Dental Medicine http://dental.tufts.edu/