School of Dentistry
Faculty Position F67900
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Virginia Commonwealth University, School of Dentistry is seeking applicants for a full-time faculty member in the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. This position will be a term appointment at the Assistant/Associate Professor level. Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Responsibilities include directorship of undergraduate dental education and training to include supervision and teaching of dental students and residents in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Clinics. This faculty position will provide teaching and mentoring to Oral and Maxillofacial surgery residents and undergraduate dental students in patient care and in preparation for private practice.
* DDS or DMD degree and completion of approved OMS residency program, and be eligible for licensure in Virginia
* Board certified or an active candidate for certification
* Must have the desire to mentor future dental practitioners
* Must have the ability to teach practice management through clinical and didactic experiences to pre-doctoral students and Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery post-doctoral residents or have a commitment to acquire such skills
* Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment of learning or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU
* Demonstrate the ability to teach Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, or a commitment to acquire and develop such ability that incorporates adult learning theory, evidence-based oral health care, innovation in student learning and critical thinking
* Demonstrate ability to contribute to and participate in a humanistic environment of learning and discovery or a commitment to do so
* Faculty must demonstrate the ability to adapt to change and embrace modern technologies
* Oral surgery teaching experience with dental students and/or oral surgery residents is preferred
* Advanced skills in both outpatient and inpatient oral and maxillofacial surgery
VCU is an urban, research-intensive institution with a richly diverse university community and commitment to multicultural opportunities. Virginia Commonwealth University is an equal opportunity, Affirmative Action University providing access to education and employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender, religion, sexual orientation, veteran’s status, political affiliation or disability.
Application Process: Candidates must apply to this faculty position through the university’s career website at https://www.vcujobs.com/ to be considered for this faculty position F67900. For further information about this position, contact Dr. George Deeb, Chair of Search Committee, Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, VCU School of Dentistry at email@example.com
As a preeminent national, urban, public research university and academic health center, Virginia Commonwealth University is committed to organizational diversity, equity and inclusion — an environment where all can thrive in their pursuit of excellence. Applicants are requested to submit a Statement of Contributions to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (typically between 150-300 words) providing your career aspirations and contributions toward promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion. Through this statement, you can share how your lived experiences; and past, present, and future academic and professional activities have or will contribute to VCU’s mission of promoting equity and inclusion, Note: Examples include working with others to further the goals of equity and inclusion; leading in any capacity that tangibly promotes an environment where diversity is welcomed, fostered, and celebrated; creative activity, research and scholarship that promotes equity and parity; teaching and mentoring students, and/or engaging with faculty and/or staff from traditionally underrepresented groups to create a positive and successful organizational experience.