Search for University Jobs in Dentistry
Professor and Chair of Oral Biology
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
The University at Buffalo School of Dental Medicine
invites qualified applications for the position of Chair of the Department of Oral Biology
. The SDM is a leading oral health research institution and home to the nation's first academic department focused on oral health research. Now in its seventh decade, our PhD training program has yielded an impressive cohort of accomplished scholars who have made numerous important contributions to oral health research. We seek a leader who will provide vision and focus to build upon a strong team to advance the mission of the department and school.
The Chair of Oral Biology has responsibility for:
- Oversight of departmental predoctoral and postdoctoral education, service activities, faculty management and research.
- Provide leadership in strategic planning, departmental curriculum management, budgeting, department staffing and supervision, faculty development, and overall management of departmental activities.
- Administration and leadership of an internationally-recognized department that is actively engaged in funded basic biomedical and applied clinical research, PhD-level and post-doctoral training, and teaching and mentoring of Master level and pre-doctoral dental and baccalaureate students.
- Mentoring students, research fellows; and representing the department at internal and external meetings.
- Enhancement of the department’s research, teaching and service missions, including resource development via externally funded grants, contracts and other means.
- Faculty recruitment, retention, mentoring and evaluation.
- Oversight for all teaching, research and administrative activities of the department.
- Enhancement of the research portfolio of the department.
- Encouragement and enhanced collaboration with scientists and clinicians in the dental, medical, public health and engineering schools and other pertinent units of the university and community.
- Mentoring and development of faculty for promotion and tenure.
- Support of the advanced education programs and their alumni.
- Ensuring a culture of excellence, inclusion, collegiality, and collaboration.
- Management of the fiscal and administrative elements of the department.
UB, a Carnegie R1 research university, has a strong record of research funding, totaling $428 million in annual research spending in FY23. The SDM has consistently ranked among the top tier in NIH/NIDCR funding. The School of Dental Medicine offers an outstanding work environment and enjoys a strong tradition of collaborative research with several schools and colleges at the University at Buffalo and closely located Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit - all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages
.About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |