What You'll Do
The Lead Dental Assistant is responsible for planning, directing, and managing the workload for all practice dental assistants, including assigning assistants to providers as well as assisting faculty providers in four-handed dentistry. This position is expected to manage and organize the inventory of dental supplies and equipment and place orders as necessary. This individual will also coordinate the shipping and receiving of laboratory cases and ensure cases are received in a timely manner without hindering patient care.
What We're Looking For
- 5+ years of experience
- Vocational/ Technical training or Associates degree.
- Certified in radiology, Certified Dental Assistant(CDA)
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to lift 30 lbs.
- Experience supervising staff
- Strong ability to balance both dental assisting role and lead role.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Warm and caring personality needed in dealing with patients.
- A team player and willing to participate in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Familiarity with clinical care, institution or university experience.
- Ability to resolve issues.
- Should demonstrate willingness to articulate creative and innovative ideas for improving daily clinical activities and laboratory procedures.
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.