Tufts University School of Dental Medicine (TUSDM) offers one of the most forward-looking educational environments in dental medicine in the country. Tufts Dental Facilities for Persons with Special Needs (TDF) is a network of seven outpatient clinics that provides dental care to approximately 7,000 developmentally disabled patients in the state of Massachusetts under the umbrella of TUSDM and in partnership with the Massachusetts Department of Public Health (DPH) and the Massachusetts Department of Developmental Services (DDS). Additional patient treatment is provided in the operating room setting at four affiliated hospitals within the state. The TDF program also provides a venue for teaching General Practice Residents through the Tufts GPR Program and 4th year dental students from TUSDM.
What You'll Do
The Dental Assistant will assist general dentists and specialty dentists chair side, greet and escort patients, take radiographs as instructed by the provider, set up and break down operatories, clean operatory areas after each patient. In addition, the individual will be responsible for sterilization and maintaining equipment and materials in accordance with OSHA, federal and state guidelines. The individual will also be responsible for stocking all materials needed in the clinic on a daily basis.
The Dental Assistant will also support the front desk operations, schedule appointments, check in patients, collect and verify patient demographics, retrieve charts, document treatments plans and other tasks in support of office administration.
What We're Looking For
- 0-5+ years of experience in multi-specialty dentistry
- Vocational/Technical training or Associates Degree
- Radiology certification required, DPH Dental Assistant License
- Familiarity with dental software, email and Microsoft Word
- Ability to lift 25 lbs. with or without accommodation
- Should be proficient in taking radiographs.
- Competent with infection control procedures.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Experienced in treatment of patients with special healthcare needs, specifically patients with cognitive and developmental deficits.
- Ability to work with patient’s parents, guardians, and care givers.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Should be a team-leader, self-motivated, well organized and have the ability to manage his/her time efficiently.