Department of Prosthodontics and Periodontology
University of São Paulo - Bauru School of Dentistry
Announcement of post-doctoral FAPESP fellowship opportunity linked to FAPESP Young Investigators Award phase 2 - grant # 2021/06730-7
The Cranium lab, located in the Department of Prosthodontics and Periodontology of the University of Sao Paulo - Bauru School of Dentistry works with the synthesis of polycrystalline ceramic composites, multilayered zirconia, and the development of recycling pathways for waste zirconia blocks to create hydrothermally stable, sustainable and resistant materials for restorative applications.
The postdoctoral researcher will work developing syntheses methodologies of multilayered polycrystalline ceramics, zirconia recycling, graded infiltration, and characterizations, such as: microstructural, optical, and of mechanical properties. The post-doctoral candidate will participate in a multidisciplinary team with collaborative institutions in the country and abroad.
- Experience in: 1) synthesis route of polycrystalline ceramics, graded infiltration, and/or recycling of zirconia; 2) Performing and interpreting microstrucutral, optical, and mechanical property tests (static and accelerated lifetime test), as well as fractographic and Weibull analyses.*
* The presence of international publications in journals of selective editorial policy and high impact factor in the field of the project, in the candidate’s CV will be the main criteria for acceptance of proven experience.
- Fluent english (speaking, reading, and writing)
- Full time dedication to the project
- The candidate should have concluded the doctorate degree less than seven years before the beginning of this post-doctoral fellowship
Via email to Prof. Dr. Estevam A. Bonfante - email@example.com until May 8, with Curriculum vitae (CV) attached.
This post-doctoral fellowship opportunity is open to candidates of all nationalities. The selection will be made based on the candidates CV, focused on the publication records within the field of the project. Candidates may be invited for an interview (personal or videocall).
The scholarship will be granted for 24 months in the amount of BRL 8,479.20 per month. A technical reserve, equivalent to 15% of the annual value of the scholarship will be provided to cover project related expenses.