School of Dentistry
Department of General Practice Dentistry
Division of Prosthodontics
Virginia Commonwealth University
Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) School of Dentistry is seeking applicants for a full-time Prosthodontic faculty position in the Department of General Practice, Division of Prosthodontics. This position will serve as the Prosthodontic Graduate Program Director for the School. Salary and rank will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Responsibilities include didactic and clinical teaching in fixed, removable, and implant prosthodontics to dental students and residents; participation in service activities and research; and assisting in the development, implementation and administration of a Graduate Prosthodontic Residency Program
- DDS or DMD Degree from an ADA accredited dental school
- Certificate or advanced degree in Prosthodontics from an ADA accredited program.
- Board certification required
- Eligible for a license in Virginia
- Ability to teach and mentor pre-doctoral dental students and residents in practice or clinical dentistry
- Demonstrate experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU
- Demonstrate the ability to contribute to and participate in humanistic environment of learning with the ability to adapt to change and embrace modern technology
- Demonstrate the ability, or acquire and develop such ability, to incorporate adult learning theory, evidence-based oral health care, innovation in student learning, and critical thinking
- Experience in teaching pre-doctoral students and residents in all aspects of Prosthodontics
- Demonstrated ability to hold administrative positions and effectively manage resources.
- History of Directorship in a Graduate Prosthodontics Program
VCU is an urban, research-intensive institution with a richly diverse university community and commitment to multicultural opportunities. Virginia Commonwealth University is an equal opportunity, Affirmative Action University providing access to education and employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender, religion, sexual orientation, veteran’s status, political affiliation or disability.
Candidates must apply to this faculty position through the university’s career website at https://www.vcujobs.com too be considered for faculty position: F57870. For further information about this position, contact Dr. Michael Huband, Search Committee Chair, Director of Prosthodontics, VCU School of Dentistry at firstname.lastname@example.org
As a preeminent national, urban, public research university and academic health center, Virginia Commonwealth University is committed to organizational diversity, equity and inclusion — an environment where all can thrive in their pursuit of excellence. Applicants are requested to submit a Statement of Contributions to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (typically between 150-300 words) providing your career aspirations and contributions toward promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion. Through this statement, you can share how your lived experiences; and past, present, and future academic and professional activities have or will contribute to VCU’s mission of promoting equity and inclusion, Note: Examples include working with others to further the goals of equity and inclusion; leading in any capacity that tangibly promotes an environment where diversity is welcomed, fostered, and celebrated; creative activity, research and scholarship that promotes equity and parity; teaching and mentoring students, and/or engaging with faculty and/or staff from traditionally underrepresented groups to create a positive and successful organizational experience.