The University of Kentucky College of Dentistry is seeking applications for Assistant, Associate or Professor in the Division of Oral Diagnosis. This is a full time, 12 month assignment period, Clinical Title Series, non-tenure track eligible position at the rank of Assistant, Associate or Professor. Exceptional benefits are provided for this position which can be reviewed at the following link: Insurance and retirement benefits | UK Human Resources (uky.edu).
The anticipated start date for this assignment is January 1, 2023.
The primary responsibilities will be to provide and supervise oral health and general health assessments and wellness care and diagnostic workups of patients at the College of Dentistry. This position requires supervision of clinical activities of student dentists, and perhaps residents and scholars, in the College dental clinics including but not limited to the Dental Urgent Care Clinic, Oral Diagnosis Clinic, and Diagnosis, Wellness & Prevention Clinic. This position requires a close working relationship with an interdisciplinary team, Team Leaders, and other clinical faculty. This position should be filled by a dentist with advanced training.
1. Contribute to the educational aspects of the Oral Diagnosis/Oral Medicine dental clinics and the didactic and clinical learning and skills development of dental
students and perhaps residents and scholars.
2. Participate with an interdisciplinary team to improve oral and overall health.
3. Supervise the clinical activities of student dentists in the areas of diagnosis, oral medicine, radiology and the treatment planning of dental problems.
4. Supervise the clinical activities of student dentists in the area of treating patients with oral medicine concerns.
5. Help monitor, direct and supervise the clinical activities of the Dent a I Urgent Ca re Clinic, Oral Diagnosis Clinic, and Diagnosis, Wellness & Prevention Clinic.
6. Help coordinate the interdisciplinary activities of the Diagnosis, Wellness & Prevention Clinic.
7. Participate and direct/co-direct courses in the Division of Oral Diagnosis and Oral Medicine.
8. Engage in scholarship or other creative academic activities.
9. Provide resident learning.
10. Provide patient care in the Faculty Practice Clinic.
11. Serve on applicable College, Medical Center, or University committees.
o Instruction 55-65%
o Research, Scholarship and other creative activities 10-20%
o Service 10-20%
o Professional Development 5-10%
Salary and rank will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the positions are filled.
Interested applicants should submit an application as well as include:
• Letter of interest
• Curriculum vitae
• Names and contact information for three references when prompted in the application
The University of Kentucky considers the health, safety and well-being of our entire community to be a top priority. In alignment with this priority, all new hires must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or obtain an approved medical or religious exemption as a condition of employment. For areas that fall under the federal CMS mandate, start of employment cannot occur until two weeks after receiving the full COVID-19 vaccination series or upon obtaining an approved exemption. Only vaccines approved by the World Health Organization can be accepted.