Assistant/Associate Professor, Dental Hygiene (3153)
Posting Number: req967
Working 9 months per year
Faculty Tenure Track
Division of Health Sciences
Pocatello - Main
Teaching in the undergraduate program, research/creative scholarship and dissemination, grant writing, university/professional/community service, and academic advising.
- Teaching in academic didactic, clinical and laboratory settings (preventive and restorative) including possible online instruction (60%)
- Active engagement in research/creative scholarship and dissemination (25%)
- University, professional and community service (10%)
- Academic advising (5%)
- Potential exists for future thesis advising and teaching within the graduate program
- Master’s degree or significant progress in earning degree in dental hygiene or related field (must be conferred by December 2020)
- Previous experience with scholarship, research, and publication
- One (1) year academic teaching experience in didactic and clinical teaching
- Two (2) years clinical experience with nonsurgical periodontal therapy
- Education and experience in administration of local anesthesia
- Eligible for Idaho dental hygiene licensure
Apply online at https://isu.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=967&site=1
- Doctoral Degree or significant progress towards completion of a doctorate degree in a related field (must be conferred by December 2020)
- Five (5) years academic teaching experience
- Experience with clinical restorative procedures
- Experience with alternative practice settings (i.e. patient care, research, corporate, community)
- Original research with dissemination in a scholarly journal
- Experience with grant writing
- American Dental Hygienists’ Association membership
Please submit the following documents with your application:
CV, cover letter addressing minimum and preferred qualifications, unofficial transcripts (official transcripts will be required from the successful candidate), and a list of three (3) professional references with contact information.
Review of applications will begin April 3, 2020. However, the position will remain open until filled. Salary will be commensurate with education and experience. Includes a competitive benefits package. Offers of employment may be conditional pending successful completion of a background investigation.
Idaho State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We have an institution-wide commitment to inclusion and diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply. Veterans' preference. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities.