Chair, Department of Endodontics
and Oral Diagnostic Sciences
Virginia Commonwealth University School of Dentistry
Virginia Commonwealth University, School of Dentistry is seeking applicants for a full-time faculty position as Chair of the Department of Endodontics and Oral Diagnostic Sciences. The position will provide departmental leadership for academic programs, research development, university and professional service, and patient care. The Chair is expected to contribute to the school's mission through conducting funded research and impactful scholarship, developing and supporting transformative learning that crosses traditional department lines, promoting patient-centered care, and representing the department and school through local and national service. The Chair will be responsible at the departmental level for recruitment, mentorship and evaluation of faculty, financial affairs, and ensuring compliance with school, university, and state policy regulations.
Candidates must have:
- DDS or DMD or equivalent degree and be eligible for licensure in Virginia
- Certificate of completion of Advanced Education in Endodontics or
- Oral Diagnostic Sciences Specialty Program Board certification in
- Specialty Strong record of scholarly achievement, research and publications
- Experience in dental education, resident program administration or other leadership experience
- Desire to mentor future dental practitioners
- Ability and desire to incorporate adult learning theory, evidence-based oral health care, innovation in student learning, and critical thinking
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to, and participate in, a humanistic environment of learning and discovery
- Ability to adapt to change and embrace modern technology
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so
Preferred qualifications include national service in organized dentistry, Master's degree or PhD, fundraising experience, private practice experience, prior experience teaching endodontics within a predoctoral curriculum (didactic and clinical).
Candidates must apply to this faculty position, F33400
, through the university's career website at https://www.vcujobs.com
to be considered for this position. For further information about this position, contact Dr. Steven Lindauer Search Committee Chair, VCU School of Dentistry at email@example.com
VCU is an urban, research-intensive institution with a richly diverse university community and commitment to multicultural opportunities. Virginia Commonwealth University is an equal opportunity, Affirmative Action University, providing access to education and employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender, religion, sexual orientation, veteran's status, political affiliation or disability.
As a preeminent national, urban, public research university and academic health center, Virginia Commonwealth University is committed to organizational diversity, equity and inclusion - an environment where all can thrive in their pursuit of excellence.
Applicants are requested to submit a Statement of Contributions to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (typically between 150-300 words) providing your career aspirations and contributions toward promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion. Through this statement, you can share how your lived experiences; and past, present, and future academic and professional activities have or will contribute to VCU's mission of promoting equity and inclusion.
Note: Examples include working with others to further the goals of equity and inclusion; leading in any capacity that tangibly promotes an environment where diversity is welcomed, fostered, and celebrated; creative activity, research and scholarship that promotes equity and parity; teaching and mentoring students, and/or engaging with faculty and/or staff from traditionally underrepresented groups to create a positive and successful organizational experience.