Associate/Full Professor, Dental Hygiene (1080)
Posting Number: req1284
Working 11 months per year
Faculty Tenure Track
Division of Health Sciences
Pocatello - Main
Teaching in the undergraduate and graduate program; research, scholarship and dissemination; grant writing; and university, professional, community service.
• Teaching in academic didactic, clinical and laboratory settings including possible online instruction (50%).
• Active engagement in research, scholarship, and dissemination; and grant writing (40%).
• University, professional and community service (10%).
• Potential exists for future administration of a dental therapy program, PhD program, and the Idaho Oral Health institute.
• Master's Degree in a related field
• Graduated from an ADA CODA entry-level dental hygiene program.
• Eligible for Idaho dental hygiene licensure.
• Three (3) years academic teaching experience.
• Previous experience with scholarship, research, and publication.
• Previous experience developing grant applications and managing grant funding.
• Doctoral Degree or significant progress towards completion of a doctorate degree (must be conferred by December 2022) in a related field.
• Five (5) years academic teaching experience.
• Experience with clinical or program administration.
• Experience with alternative practice settings (i.e. patient care, research, corporate, community).
• Original research with dissemination in a scholarly journal.
• American Dental Hygienists’ Association membership.
Apply online at https://isu.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=1284&site=1
Please submit the following documents with your application:
CV, cover letter addressing minimum and preferred qualifications, as well as a list of three (3) professional references with contact information.
Position will remain open until filled, however, priority consideration will be given to applications received by August 29, 2021. Salary will be commensurate with education and experience. Includes a competitive benefits package. Offers of employment may be conditional pending successful completion of a background investigation.
Idaho State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.