Assistant/Associate Professor, Dental Hygiene (3634)
Posting Number: req1078
Working 9 months per year
Faculty Tenure Track
Division of Health Sciences
Pocatello - Main
Teaching in the undergraduate program; research, scholarship and dissemination; grant writing; university, professional, community service; and academic advising.
• Teaching in academic didactic, clinical and laboratory settings (preventive and restorative) including possible online instruction (60%).
• Active engagement in research, scholarship, and dissemination (25%).
• University, professional and community service (10%).
• Academic advising (5%).
• Potential exists for future thesis advising and teaching within the graduate program.
• Master’s degree or significant progress in earning degree (must be conferred by December 2021) in dental hygiene or related field.
• Previous experience with scholarship, research, or publication
• One year academic teaching experience in didactic and clinical teaching
• Two years clinical experience with nonsurgical periodontal therapy
• Education and experience in administration of local anesthesia
• Eligible for Idaho dental hygiene licensure
• Doctoral Degree or significant progress towards completion of a doctorate degree (must be conferred by December 2021) in a related field
• Five years academic teaching experience
• Experience with clinical administration
• Experience with alternative practice settings (i.e. patient care, research, corporate, community)
• Original research with dissemination in a scholarly journal
• Experience with grant writing
• American Dental Hygienists’ Association membership
Apply online at https://isu.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=1078&site=1
Please submit the following documents with your application:
CV, cover letter addressing minimum and preferred qualifications, as well as a list of three (3) professional references with contact information.
Priority consideration will be given to applications received by April 19, 2021. However, the position will remain open until filled. Salary will be commensurate with education and experience. Includes a competitive benefits package. Offers of employment may be conditional pending successful completion of a background investigation.