Assistant/Associate Professor, Dental Hygiene (3641)
Posting Number: req615
9 Month, Full-Time
Faculty Tenure Track
Pocatello - Main
Idaho State University, Department of Dental Hygiene invites nominations and applications for a tenure-track, nine-month faculty position beginning August 13, 2018. This position offers opportunity as part of an expanding department that houses a BS in dental hygiene degree and MS degree programs and a developing Idaho Oral Health Institute. Academic rank, tenure status, and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Idaho State University is a Carnegie-classified doctoral research institution and is the state’s lead institution for education in health professions and related sciences.
Specific responsibilities for this position include teaching, research/creative scholarship, and dissemination; grant writing, professional/community service, thesis supervision, and academic advising. The selected candidate will establish and maintain a vigorous research publication program and participate fully in the life of the program, the school, and the University. Potential exists for future advancement in the department through administration, and/or research coordinator to develop the Idaho Oral Health Institute.
- Master's degree in dental hygiene or relevant field.
- Candidates must be registered dental hygienists who have graduated from an ADA accredited dental hygiene program and eligible for Idaho licensure.
- Background in research, publication, and a minimum of two years academic teaching experience.
- Doctoral degree or progress towards completion of a doctorate degree (all but dissertation).
Apply online at https://isu.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=615
Please submit the following documents with your application:
- Clinical and interprofessional education and research experience and/or experience with alternative practice settings and grant writing.
Cover letter addressing education and experience related to the required and preferred qualifications including professional goals, curriculum vita, a list of three (3) professional references with contact information from academic and professional sources and unofficial college transcripts (Official transcripts will be required of the successful candidate).
Priority consideration will be given to applications received by April 23, 2018. However, the position will remain open until filled. Salary will be commensurate with education and experience. Includes a competitive benefits package. Offers of employment may be conditional pending successful completion of a background investigation.