This is a full-time, tenure or non-tenure track faculty position. Responsibilities include oversight for and/or participation in departmental teaching programs at the pre-doctoral level, research, scholarship, intramural faculty practice, and administrative leadership for senior student comprehensive care patient experiences in The Dental College of Georgia (DCG). The chair reports directly to the Dean, works collaboratively with all DCG chairs and deans, and demonstrates professional behaviors that promote a positive, productive, and caring environment for all DCG faculty, staff, residents, students, and patients. Salary and academic rank are commensurate with qualifications.
- ADA-accredited DDS/DMD and post-graduate training in prosthodontics and/or operative/general dentistry.
- Prior academic experience and achievement appropriate for the rank of associate professor or professor.
- Active unrestricted dental license in another state or eligible for licensure by the Georgia Board of Dentistry.
- Significant leadership & academic administrative experience.
- At least 7 years of experience in dental education and 5 years of experience in a relevant administrative leadership role.
- Experience with Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA) processes for pre-doctoral programs.
- Experience collaborating with senior administrative leaders in dental schools, universities, and leadership boards/councils for higher education, accrediting, and/or licensing agencies.
- Significant experiences with professional organizations associated with education, research and/or restorative practice.
General Dentistry Educational Assets and Responsibilities-
- Staff: 13 salaried faculty (11 full-time and 2 part-time), and three administrative support staff members
- Pre-doctoral responsibilities: D-4 courses including clinical comprehensive care, dental emergency clinic, advanced esthetic treatment and part of the practice management curriculum.
- Clinical Collaborations with the other 7 DCG departments and the 8 DCG advanced education programs.
How to Apply
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications will be received by the AU Executive Search Team on behalf of Dr. Tara Schafer, Chair, Search Committee.
Applicants should submit a current curriculum vitae, letter of interest, and a list of at least 3 references as one PDF document electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions and/or nominations may be directed to email@example.com.
All candidates are required to pass successfully a Background Check review. For specific positions, the final candidate may be subject to a (pre-employment) physical, drug screen, and/or credit check.
The final candidate will be required to provide proof of completed academic degree in the form of an original transcript. Those candidates trained by a foreign institution will also be required to provide an educational/credential evaluation.
Augusta University is an AA/EEO/Equal Access/ADA Employer.