Division Director of Predoctoral Clinical Education
Vacancy #: 002229
Recruitment Range: Commensurate with Qualifications
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Organizational Unit Overview
The Division Director of Predoctoral Clinical Education is responsible for the administration and coordination of the predoctoral clinical education within the School of Dental Medicine. The Division Director will bring together the clinical educational experiences in innovative ways to enhance and optimize clinical education and patient care in all predoctoral clinical environments. The Division Director reports to the Chair of the Department of General Dentistry and works closely with the Associate Dean for Clinical Affairs, the Assistant Dean for Community Dental Practices, and other administrators.
Specific duties include:
- Coordinating, overseeing and enhancing the clinical education of predoctoral dental students
- Supervising the Group Practice Leaders and working collaboratively with the Community Service Learning Center (CSLC) faculty dentists to optimize predoctoral clinical educational and patient care
- Coordinating the activities of the Patient Care Coordinators (PCCs) in Ross Hall (working with the Associate Dean for Clinical Affairs) and the CSLCs (working with the Assistant Dean for Community Dental Practices) to enhance patient care and student educational outcomes
- Ensuring that the predoctoral clinical experiences optimally prepare predoctoral students to fulfill the mission of the school upon graduation
- Developing a clinical educational environment that embraces patient-centered, comprehensive, quality care
- Ensuring that the predoctoral clinical education and delivery of patient care function at a high level of efficiency and quality
- Providing assistance and input to the Associate Dean for Clinical Affairs, Director of Clinics and Assistant Dean for Community Dental Practices for enforcement of clinical policies and procedures
- Monitoring the predoctoral student clinical education to ensure compliance with accreditation requirements and implementing clinical educational improvement
- Teaching in the predoctoral clinic
- Participating in the Faculty Practice
- Performing other duties and assigned by the Chair of General Dentistry or the Dean.
Fixed-term or tenure-track position available at the title/rank of Assistant Professor or higher.
- DDS or DMD from a Dental School accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA)
- Five years of full-time clinical experience teaching in a Dental School accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA)
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others
- Ability to be licensed in the State of North Carolina
- Experience teaching as a pre-doctoral group practice leader or team leader
License or Certification Required by Statute or Regulation
- Commitment to evidence-based teaching and practice
- Clinic administrative experience in a CODA accredited dental school
- Fellowship or Masters in Prosthodontics, Fellowship or Masters in Operative, Comprehensive Dentistry Residency Certificate (2yrs), Advanced Education in General Dentistry Certificate or General Practice Residency Certificate.
- Experience in community outreach activities.
- Predoctoral teaching experience in a comprehensive care setting
- Demonstrated record of increasing leadership responsibilities
- Experience with axium, digital imaging, and student evaluation
Special Instructions to Applicant
Candidates should submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae/resume, and a list of three references, including contact information, online.
Additional Instructions to Applicants
Applications will be considered until position is filled. Please submit an online ECU application for vacancy # 002229 to ECU Human Resources at http://jobs.ecu.edu.
East Carolina University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Visit this job posting at https://ecu.peopleadmin.com/postings/9482