Instructor, Dental Hygiene (3154)
Posting Number: req1095
Working 9 months per year
Faculty Tenure Track
Division of Health Sciences
Pocatello - Main
Teaching in the undergraduate program; research, scholarship and dissemination; grant writing; university, professional, community service; and academic advising.
• Teaching in academic didactic, clinical and laboratory settings (preventive and restorative) including possible online instruction (60%).
• Active engagement in research, scholarship, and dissemination (25%).
• University, professional and community service (10%).
• Academic advising (5%).
• Bachelor’s degree in dental hygiene from an ADA Commission accredited program.
• Eligible for Idaho dental hygiene licensure.
• Experience with didactic or clinical teaching in an academic setting.
• Two (2) years of recent clinical experience with nonsurgical periodontal therapy.
• Education and experience in administration of local anesthesia.
• Master’s degree or significant progress in earning degree (must be conferred by December 2021) in dental hygiene or related field.
• Five (5) years academic teaching experience.
• Experience with clinical restorative procedures.
• Experience with alternative practice settings (i.e. patient care, research, corporate, community)
• Original research with dissemination in a scholarly journal
• Experience with grant writing
• American Dental Hygienists’ Association membership
Apply online at https://isu.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=1095&site=1
Please submit the following documents with your application:
CV/Resume, Cover Letter addressing minimum and preferred qualifications, and a list of three (3) professional references with contact information.
The position will remain open until filled. Salary will be commensurate with education and experience. Includes a competitive benefits package. Offers of employment may be conditional pending successful completion of a background investigation.
Idaho State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We have an institution-wide commitment to inclusion and diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply. Veterans' preference. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities.