Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor in Prosthodontics
The University of Sydney School of Dentistry, Faculty of Medicine and Health
Reference no. 663/0418F
- Fantastic opportunity for an experienced dental clinician and academic leader
- Based at Westmead Center for Oral health & Sydney Dental Hospital
- Full time or part time fixed-term for 3 years; base salary of $124,962 – $165,758 p.a. pro-rata with generous superannuation benefits
About the opportunity
The University of Sydney School of Dentistry is seeking an outstanding, experienced clinician and academic leader to be a member of the discipline’s leadership team and heads the discipline in the coordination of the Doctor of Clinical Dentistry (Prosthodontics). This position contributes to the overall discipline, school and faculty strategy and goals, and is responsible for deploying and achieving the academic strategies, goals and practices at discipline level.
The role is critical in curriculum design and delivery, research strategy and external engagement for the discipline, ensuring alignment with school and faculty objectives, University policies and external standards. The Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor demonstrates and enables the values of the University in relation to its people and culture and provides a safe working environment for all staff and students.
The position is full-time continuing (preferred) or part-time ≥ 0.6 FTE may be considered, and is subject to the completion of a satisfactory probation period for new appointees. The position is expected to be effective 1 November 2018.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a Senior Lecturer in Prosthodontics who possesses:
- a qualification recognised by AHPRA as a specialist prosthodontist; and as a result, the Academy of Prosthodontists
- PhD in an academic field relevant to the discipline (desirable) and a national /international reputation in the field
- experience in complex prosthodontics case diagnosis, planning and management. Experience in implant dentistry. Demonstrated experience in supervising postgraduate students
- experience in implementing digital workflow in Prosthodontics from impression, to planning, to manufacturing. Ability to implement the use of intraoral scanners and CEREC machine into the curriculum of both postgraduate and graduate programsdemonstrated experience in supervising postgraduate students
- has a wide network of established relationships with key academic, industry and professional institutions, partners and stakeholders that can be leveraged to enhance the standing of the discipline, school and University.
To be considered for an appointment to the position as an Associate Professor, in addition to the above, you will require:
- PhD in an academic field relevant to the discipline
- experience in people leadership and management within the higher education/knowledge worker sector
- experience in maxillofacial prosthetics is desirable.
Sydney Dental School at the University of Sydney has been involved in the training of dental practitioners for 100 years. The School is the largest of the six dental schools in Australia and is housed within the Sydney Dental Hospital, Surry Hills and the Westmead Centre for Oral Health, Westmead Hospital. The School offers a dynamic and unique suite of undergraduate and postgraduate programs designed to produce dental practitioners, oral health professionals, dental specialists and research degree graduates of the highest calibre.
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australia’s first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ over 7600 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
How to apply
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number to apply.
Closing date: 14 June 2018
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.