DEPARTMENT OF RESTORATIVE DENTISTRY
*Please apply online at www.ohsujobs.com, search using 2021-9773
The School of Dentistry at Oregon Health & Science University is seeking an innovative, qualified and energetic individual for a full-time position at the level of Assistant/Associate Professor in the Department of Restorative Dentistry. We are especially seeking candidates with specialization in prosthodontics. Specific responsibilities will focus on teaching at the pre-doctoral level. The appointee shall provide services as assigned by the supervisor in furtherance of the university’s missions and goals of teaching, research, patient care, outreach and public service.
The duties of this position include: participation in the clinic and didactic education of the dental students as assigned by the Chair and Curriculum Committee. Desired: Demonstrated skills in prosthodontics, demonstrated skill in teaching dentistry at the university level, experience teaching at the preclinical level, and experience teaching and providing care in a clinic environment. Professional development in education and skills is expected by participating in study club activities and attending continuing education courses. Participation in scholarly activities is expected, with up to one day per week available. Up to one day per week (0.2 FTE) will be available to be devoted to participation in dental practice. Collaboration in research opportunities is encouraged.
- Dental degree (DDS/DMD) from a CODA accredited school, or advanced training in a specialty program at a CODA accredited school
- Ability to obtain an Oregon dental license is required
- BLS/ACLS from the American Heart Association
- Experience in teaching, research, service, patient care, and academic management, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills are preferred
- Candidates should possess a DMD/DDS degree
- Individuals trained in prosthodontics are preferred, and such candidates must have completed an ADA approved residency in prosthodontics.
- Membership and participation in professional societies in dentistry, dental research and/or dental education
- Demonstrated achievement in research including awards, extra-mural funding, and publications in peer reviewed journals
- Must be able to teach at the pre and post graduate levels
*Please apply online at www.ohsujobs.com
, search using 2021-9773