The University of Kentucky College of Dentistry is seeking applications for Assistant, Associate or Professor in the Division of Public Health Dentistry - Marshall County Health Department Clinic. This is a full time, 12-month assignment period, Clinical Title Series, non-tenure track eligible position at the rank of Assistant, Associate or Professor. Exceptional benefits are provided for this position which can be reviewed at the following link: Insurance and retirement benefits | UK Human Resources (uky.edu).
The anticipated start date for this assignment is July 1, 2023.
This position provides strategic direction and resources for the Division of Public Health
Dentistry of the University of Kentucky College of Dentistry. The individual in this position will work closely with and report to the Director of the Paducah Outreach Program for clinical and administrative functions. Academic advancement efforts will be directed through the Division Chief of Public Health Dentistry. Primary duties for this general dentist position include patient care and other duties specific to individual community projects, grants and contracts. In this capacity, this dentist must have strong clinical skills particularly in the areas of restorative dentistry and exodontia. It is possible in the future; this individual will also be expected to participate in reside education and to develop an area of scholarship that is commensurate with their other responsibilities. This individual may also be expected to participate in resident/student education.
• Provide patient care at the Marshall County Health Department Clinic, and to a lesser degree on the western Kentucky Mobile Care Van and potentially in outreach settings as deemed in accordance with faculty rules and bylaws and in compliance with university behavioral standards for patient care.
• Develop and maintain community relations
• Supervise staff
• Teach health professions students and residents
• Participate in extramural funding activities to help develop community and mobile dental programs
• Engage in institutional, public, and professional service activities such as continuing education,
committee membership and advising
• Develop an area of scholarship consistent with other job responsibilities and the clinical title series
• Participate in other educational research and service activities as assigned by the Paducah Outreach Program director and the Division Chief of Dental Public Health.
Patient Care and Associate instruction 80 -90%
Community outreach programs administration 5 - 10%
Professional development 3-7%
Scholarly activity 2-5%
Salary and rank will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the positions are filled.
Interested applicants should submit an application as well as include:
• Letter of interest
• Curriculum vitae
• Names and contact information for three references when prompted in the application
The University of Kentucky considers the health, safety and well-being of our entire community to be a top priority. In alignment with this priority, all new hires must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or obtain an approved medical or religious exemption as a condition of employment. For areas that fall under the federal CMS mandate, start of employment cannot occur until two weeks after receiving the full COVID-19 vaccination series or upon obtaining an approved exemption. Only vaccines approved by the World Health Organization can be accepted.