DENTAL RESEARCH ADMINISTRATION (DRA) AT TUSDM IS THE MAIN RESEARCH STRUCTURE FOR ALL BASIC SCIENCE AND CLINICAL PROJECTS AT THE DENTAL SCHOOL. DRA IS THE LIAISON TO THE OFFICE OF THE VICE PROVOST, SPONSORED ACCOUNTING, IRB, IACUC, DLAM, BIOSAFETY AND ALL OTHER OFFICES RESPONSIBLE FOR ADMINISTERING RESEARCH ON THE TUFTS HEALTH SCIENCES CAMPUS. HOUSING SEVERAL RESEARCH LABS INCLUDING THE GAVEL CENTER FOR RESTORATIVE DENTAL RESEARCH WHICH IS ENDOWED FROM DR. J. MURRAY GAVEL. DRA AT TUSDM DEFINES AND EXECUTES THE RESEARCH GOALS AND MISSION OF TUFTS UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF DENTAL MEDICINE.
This position will have an academic appointment in Compressive Care, and a dual-reporting structure to the Associate Dean for Research and the Chair of the Department of Comprehensive Care.
This position is for a part time Assistant Professor faculty member at TUSDM. The primary responsibilities include overseeing both clinical and bench experiments focused on dental materials and devices, biocompatibility of dental restorative materials, and biomaterials. Dental materials research aims to further the study of enhancement and/or replacement of missing tissues to restore the oral cavity to normal function through studies related to material science, engineering, chemistry, imaging, biology, physics, nanotechnology, and computer science. Studies within DRA include but are not limited to development of new dental and biomaterials that withstand the oral environment; longevity, fatigue and effectiveness of dental materials; evaluation and interaction of the resin matrix/filler interfaces and tooth-dental material interfaces; fluoride release and recharge of materials; clinical correlation of dental materials.
This faculty position will work extensively with students in a mentorship capacity. Sit on thesis committees for postdoctoral and postgraduate students, and is responsible for designing protocols, writing proposals, analyzing data, interacting with external research sponsors, presenting results, and publishing scholarly articles; proficiency in written and verbal English is required.
**Candidates must meet basic requirements to be considered for this position**
- Five to ten years substantial experience in private dental practice, dental education, or dental research.
- DDS/DMD. Licensure or eligibility for licensure in Massachusetts or equivalent
- Candidates must demonstrate a passion for research and a strong desire to mentor students in a demanding, fast-paced, academic and research environment.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Collaborative and cooperative.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple demands.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in an academic/teaching environment.
- Evidence of scholarly activities
- Demonstrated interest in dental education through active participation in associations and ongoing dental education.
- Advanced training (MS or PhD)
Interested applicants should submit a current curriculum vitae, a cover letter with a statement of academic goals and describing their interest in and goals for the position and contact information (incl. E-mail addresses) for three references. Applications are requested to be submitted electronically: https://apply.interfolio.com/97588. Questions regarding the search process or assistance with uploading applications may be directed to Thomas Bernhard at Thomas.Bernhard@tufts.edu.
Tufts University is an AA/EO employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds.
Visit our website for more information about the Tufts University School of Dental Medicine, http://dental.tufts.edu/