The College of Dental Medicine at the University of Sharjah is seeking a well-qualified candidate for a full-time position in Periodontology. The suitable applicant should have a proven record of postgraduate teaching and research, as the College develops its taught postgraduate education and forges a research culture, and aspires to be the leading dental school in the Gulf region.
Main accountabilities & expectations:
1. The appointee shall provide didactic and clinical training to master’s students in the specialty of Periodontology, and supervise their scientific projects.
2. Experience of laser in periodontology.
3. Experience in management of teams and curriculum development.
4. International exposure and network research and education collaboration.
5. He/she will also be involved in undergraduate teaching and continuing development of this discipline in the BDS curriculum.
6. The appointee will also participate and collaborate in multidisciplinary research in the 3 Research Groups, namely, Wound Healing and Oral Diagnostics, Biomaterials and Biomimetics, Biofilms in Health and Disease.
7. The successful candidate is expected to provide clinical services in the (Centre of Advanced Dental Care under the governance of University of Sharjah.
Job Specific Accountabilities:
Provide input to enhance the department’s policy and procedures, and follow all relevant processes, standard operating procedures, and instructions to ensure that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
2.Systems, Processes and Reports:
Generate relevant reports and ensure that they are prepared timely and accurately, and meet the department’s requirements and standards.
Required Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication in English.
Preferred Qualification & Experience:
BDS or DDS, and PhD or equivalent doctoral degree
At least 2-year structured clinical training, Master in Dental Surgery (MDS)/ fellowship or board certification in the area of specialization from a recognized authority
Experience in postgraduate teaching and clinical supervision
Proven record of research
Applicant must hold a valid full dental licence in the area of specialization
Applicant must be eligible for UAE Ministry of Health dental license
Integrity & Respect:
1.Promote an openness, honesty and sincerity work environment in all communications with both internal and external customer.
2.Respect UOS core values, the dignity and culture-diversity of all members of the university’s community.
1.Demonstrate flexibility in the face of change and respond positively to unexpected and rapidly changing work conditions.
2.Open to new ideas and initiatives relevant to own area of work.
1.Able to communicate effectively with a wide range of colleagues, by showing interest and carefully listening to their needs.
2.Keep people accurately informed and up to date.
3.Use clear, understandable language appropriate to the receiver.
1.Time Management: Determine the appropriate allocation of time.
2.Task Management: Balance conflicting priorities in order to manage workflow, ensure the completion of essential projects, and meet critical deadlines.
1.Address conflicts by focusing on the issues at hand to develop effective solutions when disagreements occur.
2.Work to resolve conflict among team members by showing respect for others’ opinions and working toward agreeable solutions.
Accountability & Accuracy:
1.Deliver work of a high standard of quality and according to procedures, rules and regulations.
2.Accept full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member.
3.Display a strong commitment to organizational success.