Assistant/Associate Professor and Department Chair, Dental Hygiene (3633)
Posting Number: req968
Working 11 months per year
Faculty Tenure Track
Division of Health Sciences
Pocatello - Main
The primary purpose of the chair of the Department of Dental Hygiene is to provide leadership, supervision, mentorship, and instruction in the undergraduate and graduate programs. Responsibilities include accreditation, budget, curriculum review, strategic planning, marketing, and student recruitment. We are seeking a confident and capable visionary committed to leading and advocating for the Department and the University.
General Duties and Department Administration:
● Provide leadership for the Department of Dental Hygiene, in all professional matters, including accreditation, program and course development, marketing, coordinating all activities and maintaining high-quality performance in teaching, research, and service.
● Supervise student recruitment, admissions policies and procedures, and academic advising.
● Provide supervision and leadership for faculty, including distribution of workload, committee assignments, and faculty/staff professional development.
● Supervise and evaluate staff and faculty performance annually or as required.
● Encourage a positive departmental climate.
● Oversee management of clinical/laboratory facilities and equipment and maintain essential records.
● Coordinate and justify budget items.
● Oversee department website and subsequent social networking sites.
● Master's degree in dental hygiene or a relevant field.
● Candidates must be a registered dental hygienist who graduated from an ADA accredited dental hygiene program and eligible for Idaho dental hygiene licensure.
● At least five years: academic teaching experience, clinical experience with nonsurgical periodontal therapy, and administration of local anesthesia.
● Evidence of scholarly activities including research and publication in professional journals.
● Ability to provide positive leadership with accreditation, budget oversight, curriculum management, supervision and evaluation of students, and faculty/ staff.
● Doctoral degree or significant progress towards completion of a doctorate (must be awarded by December 2020)
● Advanced Dental Therapy license or certificate.
● Evidence of the leadership necessary to propel the program forward including student and faculty/affiliates recruitment, and interprofessional service activities.
● Experience directing or coordinating higher education programs ( e.g. chairperson, program director, or university administrator).
● Evidence of successful grant procurement.
● Experience with clinical and interprofessional education.
Please submit the following documents with your application:
CV/Resume, Cover Letter, and a list of three (3) professional references with contact information.
The position will remain open until filled. Salary will be commensurate with education and experience. Includes a competitive benefits package. Offers of employment may be conditional pending successful completion of a background investigation.
About Idaho State University
Idaho State University (ISU) combines exceptional academics amidst the grand natural beauty of the West. ISU faculty and students are leading the way in cutting-edge research and innovative solutions in the areas of energy, health professions, nuclear research, teaching, humanities, engineering, performing and visual arts, technology, biological sciences, pharmacy, and business. ISU is the state's designated lead institution in health professions and medical education.
Idaho State University, a Carnegie-classified doctoral research and teaching institution founded in 1901, serves a diverse population by attracting students from around the world to its Idaho campuses. At the main campus in Pocatello, and at locations in Meridian, Idaho Falls, and Twin Falls, ISU offers access to high-quality education in more than 280 programs. Over 12,000 students attend ISU, receiving education and training in those programs. To read more, visit: Idaho State University Home
Idaho State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We have an institution-wide commitment to inclusion and diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply. Veterans' preference.
Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities.