The Department of Primary Dental Care in the University of Minnesota School of Dentistry is seeking to enrich the diversity of the University community and invites applications for Director of the Division of Dental Hygiene as a tenure or tenure-track faculty member.
The School of Dentistry promotes diversity, equity, and inclusivity among our students, faculty, staff, and public. Thus, we seek candidates whose research, teaching, and/or service have prepared them to fulfill our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. The Director will be responsible for all the teaching, scholarship, research, and service aspects of the Division.
The mission of the School of Dentistry is to advance health through scientific discovery, innovative education, and the highest-quality care for all communities. In accordance to that, the mission of the Division of Dental Hygiene is to educate men and women who are prepared intellectually, technically, and ethically to meet the oral health care needs and challenges of the future. We are committed to excellence in dental hygiene education, practice, public health, management and research.
The School of Dentistry seeks to develop and maintain a culture and working environment that provides a climate that everyone has the ability to thrive. We value a diversity of views and experiences that enrich campus life and the academic experience. Equity and diversity are fundamental to everything we do at the University of Minnesota. A focus on inclusion ensures our diversity of perspectives is valued in our decision-making.
The duties of the Director of the Division of Dental Hygiene include but are not limited to:
* Providing leadership in the review and development of educational content in dental hygiene education.
* Supporting initiatives that strengthen the skills, clinical competencies and abilities of dental hygiene and dental therapy students in the area of dental hygiene.
* Fostering integrated and interprofessional educational opportunities.
* Supporting curriculum innovation within the Division of Dental Hygiene and across all divisions in the Department of Primary Dental Care.
* Achieving teaching, assessment, and curriculum goals consistent with dental education accreditation standards and CODA.
* Developing and disseminate original research, secure grant funding to support individual and collaborative dental hygiene research.
* Coordinating and developing Alumni relations with designated School of Dentistry personnel.
* Master in Dental Hygiene or other equivalent terminal degree.
* Experience in dental sciences curriculum planning, management, and execution with demonstrated success in educational outcomes.
* Experience in designing and implementing research protocols.
* Eligibility for licensure in Minnesota.
* Minimum of 3 years’ experience in scholarship, leadership and clinical practice.
* Doctorate degree.
* 5-7 years’ experience in scholarship, leadership and clinical practice.
* Previously secured extramural research funding.
To apply for this position, candidates must submit:
* a current curriculum vita (CV),
* a letter of interest,
* a one-page (500 word) diversity, equity and inclusion statement that explains your contributions to diversity, equity, and inclusion in your previous professional roles, and discusses the impact your contributions made to your organization(s) and the community.
Only electronic applications will be accepted.
Applicants must apply online at the University of Minnesota's careers website
. Click on "External Candidates," then search for job # 339109
. Within the job posting, click the green "Apply" button.
The search committee will begin reviewing applications immediately and the position will remain open until filled.