The Department seeks an excellent educator, mentor, and clinician with an interest in research to teach in the undergraduate and postgraduate level.
Major Responsibilities :
This challenging opportunity is for an individual who is able to provide patient care covering the full field of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, who has the ability to teach and develop curricula in this discipline at the undergraduate and postgraduate level. This position will involve the delivery of clinical services, undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and liaison with all clinical disciplines within the College.
1. Willingness and ability to cover undergraduate and postgraduate students in the clinical setting in Oral Surgery procedures and other disciplines in dentistry
2. Commitment to current methods in education, including a broad definition of the scope of general dentistry.
3. Utilize and demonstrate evidence-based decision making skills when working with dental students.
4. The ideal candidate will have a history of research experience in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery or a related field and will bring that knowledge and experience to the discipline.
- PhD or equivalent in Dental Health Sciences.
- At least 5 years’ experience in clinical practice as an Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon.
- Have previous experience teaching undergraduate and postgraduate students, in clinics and is capable of providing didactic teaching.