The School of Dentistry at Oregon Health & Science University is seeking applications for the position of Assistant/Associate Professor in the department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
Oregon Health & Science University offers a six-year program in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery that leads to a certificate as well as a medical degree from OHSU School of Medicine. The goal of this program is to produce a well-rounded Oral and Maxillofacial surgeon who will become an exceptional practitioner of his or her specialty within both dentistry and medicine, a candidate for a competitive post-residency fellowship, or an outstanding academic. The program is accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA) of the American Dental Association (ADA).
The duties of this position include:
- This position is an oral cancer specialist in the department of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery.
- Establishment and maintenance of a program of specific and general scholarly activity.
- Participation in the clinical and didactic education of the dental students as assigned by the Curriculum Committee and the Chair.
- Participation in department activities as directed.
- Provision patient care in all core OMS areas with an additional emphasis in head and neck oncologic and reconstructive surgery as assigned by the Chair.
- Participation in administrative committees and councils of the School of Dentistry and Oregon Health & Science University as approved by the Chair.
- Participation in professionally related public service activities on behalf of the department and the School of Dentistry as required.
- D.D.S. or D.M.D. from a CODA accredited school or equivalent; D.D.S./D.M.D. with M.D. is preferred.
- Completion of advanced education program in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery from a CODA accredited program
- Certified or actively seeking certification by the American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- Ability to obtain Oregon Dental License.
- Ability to obtain Oregon general anesthesia permit.
- Ability to obtain hospital privileges at OHSU.
- A post-residency fellowship in head and neck oncologic surgery and reconstruction is preferred
- Experience in teaching, research, service, patient care, and academic management, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills are preferred.
- Candidates should have excellent leadership, interpersonal, communication, and administrative skills.
The campus is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the academic community through their research, teaching and/or service. The university is responsive to the needs of dual career couples.
offers competitive salary, comprehensive insurance coverage, paid time off. Rank and salary are commensurate with qualifications and experience. Professional development and career advancement opportunities are available to School of Dentistry faculty.
OHSU is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. Applicants with disabilities can request reasonable accommodation by contacting the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148. Please apply online at http://www.ohsu.edu/jobs job posting ID IRC55122. For more information please contact email@example.com.