Lecturer/ Assistant Professor in Oral Biology, Dental Anatomy, Oral Histology.
This challenging opportunity is for an individual who is able to be active, enthusiastic and up to date in advances in teaching and have the ability to teach in these disciplines at the undergraduate level. This position will involve the delivery of lectures, teaching laboratories in undergraduate teaching and liaison with the College of Medicine.
Major Responsibilities :
The Department of Oral and Craniofacial Health Sciences in the College of Dental Medicine at University of Sharjah is seeking a qualified candidate for a full-time faculty position of Lecturer in Oral Biology Dental Anatomy, Oral Histology.
The Department seeks an excellent educator, mentor, and advisor with an interest in research in craniofacial health sciences to teach in the undergraduate program.
1. Willingness and ability to cover undergraduate students in the curriculum of Dental Anatomy, Oral Histology.
2. Commitment to new educational methodology in teaching and learning including a broad definition of the scope of general dentistry.
3. Utilize and demonstrate evidence-based decision making skills when working with dental students.
4. The ideal candidate will have a history of research experience in Oral Biology, Dental Anatomy, Oral Histology or a related field and will bring that knowledge and experience to the Oral Biology and Dental anatomy discipline.
5. Leads students in teaching laboratories in the field of Oral Biology, Dental Anatomy, Oral Histology.
- MSc, PhD or equivalent in Oral Biology or Dental Health Sciences.
- At least five years’ teaching experience in in Oral Biology, Dental Anatomy, Oral Histology.
- Have previous experience teaching undergraduate students, and is capable of providing didactic teaching through lectures and laboratories.